VISION, MISSION AND VALUES
Spinal Injuries Scotland is a charity that wants to make a difference in society. We are ambitious to achieve positive change so that people with a spinal cord injury can live their daily lives in a more equal environment. Our Vision and Mission Statement look towards a more inclusive society. A society without barriers to opportunity for all people regardless of their disability status. We have a clear stated vision to act and an ‘agent of change’ and a mission statement which details the specific areas in which we seek to achieve that change.
Spinal Injuries Scotland’s vision is to:
‘Act as an agent of positive change for all spinal cord injured people’
Our mission statement specifies the areas where we aim to improve the environment with and for people with spinal cord injury:
“Backing you for life, removing barriers and promoting equality of choice, control, dignity and freedom for our SCI community in all areas of life in all parts of Scotland”.
- We will use our enthusiasm, energy and resources to encourage our members to concentrate on the future and support them to achieve their goals.
- We are committed to tackling exclusion by promoting understanding and inclusion on behalf of our members.
- We will promote respect and integrity for our members through our plans, words and actions.
Spinal Injuries Scotland advances its charitable aims by channelling its efforts via the following three strands:
- Support those coming to terms with a SCI
- Inform those living with SCI
- Influence decision makers and designers as they shape the world for those with SCI
SIS delivers a nationwide, membership focused service, which is delivered via programmes and projects designed to best meet the needs of our members. Those who experience a Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) have undergone a life-changing and traumatic event, rehabilitation is immensely challenging from both a physical and emotional perspective.
We are grateful for the continued support of our Honorary Patron HRH The Princess Royal.