Programmes and Projects
SIS delivers a national, albeit an often bespoke service, responding to our members needs through a series of programmes and projects as reflects the task in hand.
Our current programme of outreach and education/influence projects include:
- Safe Drive Stay Alive Road Safety Event: Education programme targeted at those in secondary schools as an ongoing message to those getting ready to, or already driving.
- Young Drivers Road Safety Event: Targeted show to sixth year pupils, where our representatives share their experience of being involved in a road traffic collision.
- Glasgow Caledonian University: Presentations to medical students & involvement in redesign of nursing programme delivery for the upcoming intake of nursing students.
- Glasgow University: Presentations to nursing students about the rehabilitation programme in the spinal unit and also the process of preparing for discharge.
- Activities Co-ordinator, QENSIU: Working in collaboration with QENSIU nursing team / others to devise, assist in the development, planning and the delivery of social, leisure/recreational programmes to patients.
- Wheelchair Awareness: Awareness of using a wheelchair to get around is provided to different groups, such as medical students and representatives from our sponsors.