Spinal Injuries Scotland Grants Scheme
Spinal Injuries Scotland is committed to supporting our members achieve their goals.
As part of our efforts we set aside monies each year to provide a limited number of small Grants.
The sums involved are never large and the fund is often exhausted, but we believe that if used effectively, they can make a huge difference.
Whilst further criteria also apply, the following must be met:
– Grants are only available to those members of Spinal Injuries Scotland who have a Spinal Cord Injury, are residing in Scotland, either as a UK or EU Citizen, with indefinite leave to remain or with full refugee status,
– SIS will not consider applications where statutory provision has not first been explored and exhausted,
– SIS will not consider funding an item already in the applicant’s possession, nor one for which the applicant has already placed an order,
– SIS will only accept one application per applicant in any three year period.
All applications are considered on a case-by-case basis. In common with a number of other supporting bodies and agencies, we are unlikely to fund applications for passive exercise equipment, house adaptations, holidays, vehicles or secondary or cosmetic functions, including those on wheelchairs.
Whilst it may take a number of weeks, we will try and give you a decision as soon as practicable, with decisions on whether to provide a grant or bursary made by our Board.
If you believe you are eligible and wish to apply for a grant, perhaps to purchase a small piece of equipment to further your independence, education or sport, please
– Speak to one of our Peer Support Team,
– Contact the SIS Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 0800 0132 305
– Fill out the SIS Grant Application Form and post in to the office.